- Choose a trade by doing your research. The more you know about yourself, the better. By exploring your interests, talents and abilities and finding out more about various trades, you will discover a trade that is right for you.
- Complete the application forms and submit them to your OYAP contact/co-op teacher at your school.
- Meet with your OYAP contact/co-op teacher, who will discuss the program with you, answer any questions you may have and assist you in finding the program best suited to your interests and abilities.
- Participate in a co-op experience in the trade you have chosen.
- Register with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development as an apprentice.
To Be Eligible for OYAP Students Must:
- Be 16-20 years of age.
- Have successfully completed 16 credits.
- Enrolled in secondary school full-time working towards your OSSD