The SHSM–Construction enables students to build a foundation of sector-focused knowledge and skills before entering apprenticeship training, college, university, or an entry-level position in the workplace.
AMDSB has a vibrant agriculture program at Mitchell District High School with a focus on animal science.Schools that offer this SHSM:
- F.E. Madill Secondary School
- Listowel District Secondary School
- Heavy Industrial Construction: building industrial facilities such as cement, automotive, chemical, or power plants, refineries, and oil-sands installations.
- New Home Building and Renovation: building, remodeling, or renovating houses and apartment buildings.
- Institutional and Commercial Construction: building commercial and institutional buildings and structures such as stadiums, schools, hospitals, grain elevators, and swimming pools.
- Civil Engineering Construction: engineering projects such as highways, dams, water and sewer lines, power and communication lines, and bridges
|Brick & Stone Mason||Architectural Design Technician or Technologist|
|Carpenter||Civil Engineering Technologist|
|Construction Millwright||Construction Estimator|
|Heating & Air Conditioning Contractor||Construction Technologist|
|Painter & Decorator||Contractor & Supervisor, Electrical Trades & Telecommunications|
|Residential Home Builder or Renovator|
|Electrical Engineer||Concrete Finisher|
|Mechanical Engineer||Construction Trades Helper & Labourer|
|Structural Engineer||Demolition Worker|
|Helper – Construction Trades|